I’m having too much fun creating publishing domain books from my own bed. Some sit at a desk, I find sitting on my bed is healthier for writing because my legs are stretched out long and I can place my back straight UP against the head board with my coffee next to my bed. The sun just cam out. I can see the sunshine hitting my balcony and the trees look golden. If you have happened upon this site by accident, you might be wondering, What in the world is MANGO JANE?
Mango Jane is first PUBLISHING COMPANY in Southern California that publishes inspirational nonfiction literature that his entered the public domain and classic literature that has entered the public domain. MANGO JANE PUBLISHING also publishes new authors, beginning this month, which will feature a book, GUNS TASTE BAD by Landon Chapman.
What is the mission of your company? The mission of MANGO JANE is create products (launching with books first) that INSPIRE THE MIND with the written word. This includes public domain books and local day authors, such as myself and new emerging authors of 2020. (If you are looking to be published, you can send a direct query to MANGO JANE CONTACT FORM. ) The goal is to create a many different inspiring products through MANGO JANE, starting with what inspires my mind first, the love of the written word…GOALS!
You can become inspired through books by great literary works, too. I have learned many poignant life lessons first inside a book. In fact, when I studied theater/acting many years ago in Los Angeles, one of my teachers insisted I read THREE classic literature books I had never read at that point (at this time, I already loved classic literature. So, I was thrilled with this task:)!) before he would study with me. This teacher was also an art dealer. He understood so much more than just teaching acting. I wonder if many ways if his influence has lead me here post parenting-at-home-days?
WHAT IS PUBLIC DOMAIN and Public Domain books. Are they important?
“A public–domain book is a book with no copyright, a book that was created without a license, or a book where its copyrights expired or have been forfeited. In most countries the term of protection of copyright expires on the first day of January, 70 years after the death of the latest living author.”-Wikipedia
What would Christmas had been without ZU-ZU’S Pedals? Because of PUBLIC DOMAIN, “It’s A Wonderful Life,” became synonymous with the holidays.
Samantha Kosarzycki, legal intern, Office of Public Information and Education wrote this excerpt below. She shares how public domain sent It’s A Wonderful Life into the homes for many years on all networks. The original movie didn’t stand out at the time and might have been lost if just based on Hollywood success and reviews. Another tidbit included in this article stresses the importance of publishing your work:
“I was surprised to learn that the film’s success was in fact a recent phenomenon.
In 1943, when Philip Van Doren Stern was unable to find a publisher for his 4,100-word short story “The Greatest Gift,” he could not have guessed that it would lead to one of the most critically acclaimed films of all time – It’s a Wonderful Life. The popularity of this beloved holiday classic is made even more surprising by its poor performance at the box office upon release, resulting in a loss of $525,000 for RKO Radio Pictures. Some say the success of this film came, in no small part, from a 1974 filing error with the U.S. Copyright Office. As the story goes, because of a mere clerical error, then-copyright owner Republic Pictures missed filling a renewal application on time, causing the film to lapse into the public domain and onto home television sets.” –Samantha Kosarzycki, legal intern, Office of Public Information
So, it’s with great excitement, an over abundance of enthusiasm, that I am sharing with you how excited I am to republish these public domain classics that have inspired my MIND & SOUL for many years.
Why buy a MANGO JANE book?
- A personalized Dearest Reader Letter to the reader
- Did You Know Annotated Feature on book and author revealing obscure facts
- 10 – 12 Highlighted Quotes and featured quotes from book (or other writings from that same author’s volume of work)
- Journal Chapter in back of book for inspirational notes for reader to use.
- Modernized font and formatting from book cover and font; The font size is always 12 pt, using a classic modern font that is easy to read for our eyes.
- Time, love and care go into one MANGO JANE classical modern book filled with a full cup of love.
Dreaming with my eyes wide open and spending time to create products that INSPIRE THE MIND is my highest vision of happiness within my own heart. I have spent the last five years learning this craft so I can arrive at this moment now to publish books each month for new readers to discover the gems of wisdom and insights from legendary stories that teach us how to live a better more fulfilling life.
James Allen said in As A Man Thinketh that “Dreamers are the saviours of the world.” That one line of inspiration inspired my heart during a down time in 1998 when I had been sick with mono. I had also found out my life would be changing and I would be leaving Hollywood world and moving to beachy San Diego during this time. I thought all of my dreams were over but then, I read that line and new there had to be new dreams to be made and found my writer’s hat emerging through the artistry of writing and reading. A signed up for a late night U.C.L.A. extension writer’s program that fall after reading these encouraging words.
MANGO JANE Beginnings-as a seed (Acorn waiting to become a reality of tree; James Allen quote –
“The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”
- Wrote & produced play; invited by HBO Workspace to showcase
- I wrote a book in 1999 & copyrighted.
- Worked in advertising in publishing in Southern California for 5 solid years, while writing a newspaper column, writing PR features and many, many magazine features, too along the way.
- 2013 -My first book was published by a traditional book publisher-MIDDLE AGE BEAUTY.
- 2015-My next book, LIVE LOVE SOUL
- 2016 HAPPY SOUL (Self-Published)
- 2018- repackaged – Happy Soul – Spiritual only in paperback
- 2019 April 8- Mango Jane, Mango Jane Publishing (fictitious business name filed) began.
- 2019- May 2019- shared my vision in 500 hour Yoga College Exam
- 2019-Completed 130 Business course and Business proposal at Mira Costa College for MANGO JANE.
- 2020- February -launched first books: Game of Life and How to Play It and As A Man Thinketh.
When I am not busy working on MANGO JANE publishing, I am busy teaching yoga and in charge of marketing for a great company in Carlsbad for the last eight years. Life is a gift. I am excited to spread my wings here, create inspiring books and new products later on.
Cheers and thanks for reading. Stay kind and have an inspired mind,